Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Sometimes Make Things

I've been making a lot of jewelry lately; here are some of the most recent things.






1. This bracelet: I really like the black in this one, how it stands out against the blue and creates such a definite border for the different elements.

A closer view of those elements:

Here are a couple views of me wearing* it:


2. A smaller bracelet, that's a bit less visually busy:


There are two things that I like about this one: 1) its texture, with all those bugle beads (the long cylindrical ones) lined up like ribs, and 2) all the different greens I used in it. This one, maybe more than anything else I've made, I just do not get tired of looking at.


3. This necklace I made as a showcase for some nifty glass beads I found (mumble) years ago:
4. Another bracelet, which came out a bit messy, that I made trying to come up with a way to use some of the extra agate beads I didn't use making this or this: ... and 5. A big old cuff bracelet I made to match this necklace:

*Not really wearing it, since I made it to fit a smaller wrist than mine, which my sister says is larger than most women's by about an inch. I have draped the bracelet over my wrist to model it, applying pressure strategically to keep it wrapped around, rather than just lying on, this overlarge extremity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice work! Maybe one of these days I'll get back around to making jewelry.

Lindsay said...

Thanks!

What kind of jewelry do you make? Are you a beader, too?